Code of Conduct for PTN Events
PTN Events is dedicated to providing a professional, collegial, and respectful environment for participants at all of our events.
This Code of Conduct applies to:
- any event (including a digital/virtual event) that is organised and/or hosted (including in collaboration with any other person or entity) by a member of the Petroleum Trade Network, including but not limited to conferences, forums, webinars and exhibits (each an “PTN Events”); and
- any and all participants at PTN Events, including but not limited to employees, customers, delegates, speakers, volunteers, interns, guests, vendors, contractors, exhibitors, and other attendees (each a “Participant”).
This Code of Conduct may be revised at any time by Petroleum Trade Network. A Participant’s registration for, or attendance at, an PTN Event indicates their agreement to abide by this Code of Conduct and its terms. Participants at PTN Events should conduct themselves at all times in a manner that is consistent with this Code of Conduct. This includes statements made in the media, social media postings, on-line publications, text messages, and all other forms of electronic communication.
STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
All Participants are expected to:
- Uphold the professional purposes of PTN Events by respecting the rights, privacy, safety, and dignity of all persons and property
- Behave in accordance with professional standards
- Respect third parties’ intellectual property rights
- Behave in accordance with applicable laws, including without limitation competition and antitrust laws
- Be properly registered for the PTN Events they are participating and benefiting from
- Use their real name and identity in registrations and when communicating or interacting with other Participants
Unacceptable behaviours include (but are not limited to):
- Harassment and discrimination including any verbal, written, physical, or visual conduct based on race, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, disability or marital status
- Inappropriate use of images; deliberate intimidation, bullying, stalking or following; sustained disruption of sessions, presentations or other events; inappropriate physical or verbal contact, and any unwelcome sexual attention (in all cases, including in written and/or message form)
- Wearing clothing (in person or on camera/video) that is not suitable for a professional work environment, that is provocative, inappropriate or otherwise potentially offensive
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behaviour or language (including in writing), using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs
- Taking of photos or any other recording at the PTN Event without the prior permission of the individuals or owner(s) of the content therein
- Carrying out any activity that is not consistent with PTN Media’s Antitrust Compliance Reminder (a copy of which is included at the bottom of this Code of Conduct)
- Displaying (in person or on camera/video), distributing, advertising or promoting (including via web links) (1) any materials (including, but not limited to, music, video footage, images (including as background/wallpaper images) without the express permission of both the owner of the material (if any) and PTN and (2) any goods, products, services or advice without the express permission of Petroleum Trade Network
- Being intoxicated, as determined by Petroleum Trade Network, at any PTN Event venue or function (including where the attendance is via a digital platform)
- Showcasing or promoting any illegal substance in conversation, chat, photo, video, or text
- Sharing your delegate pass or digital/virtual event login credentials with other individuals
- Failure to comply with Petroleum Trade Network’ Delegate Terms and Conditions or obey any of the rules or regulations of the venue or digital platform or instructions of the event venue or platform staff
- Any illegal activity not already covered in this list
- Failing to stop unacceptable behaviour when requested by a Participant, venue or digital/virtual platform provider, or by Petroleum Trade Network
CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR
Petroleum Trade Network will not tolerate unacceptable behaviour. Any Participant asked to cease any unacceptable behaviour must comply immediately. PTN may take any action they deem appropriate if a Participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, including expulsion from the PTN Event without warning or refund and, if appropriate, involvement of applicable law enforcement. Petroleum Trade Network reserves the right to exclude any Participant found not be complying with this Code of Conduct from participating in any further PTN Event.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WITNESS OR ARE SUBJECT TO UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR
If you have a complaint or concern about harassment, discrimination, bullying or any other conduct that violates this Code of Conduct, please contact us immediately. If you witness this happening to someone else, please report that, too.
Contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org